Bart’s Bash? – Here is what we’re all about:
- A global sailing race taking place at 100s of venues, with 1000s of sailors in 100s of different classes of boat around the world
- The event was founded in 2014 and verified by Guinness World Records as ‘The Largest Sailing Race in the World’.
- It is open to all sailing clubs, yacht clubs, schools, universities, scout groups, sea cadets, windsurfing clubs, individuals and any venue globally that can host a race and is inspired to take part. Each individual event is organised by a venue who are the the organising authority for all activities at their site.
- Bart’s Bash gives the sailing community a united opportunity to remember Andrew ‘Bart’ Simpson, a double Olympic medallist who tragically lost his life whilst training for the America’s Cup in 2013.
- The Andrew Simpson Foundation (ASF) uses this event alongside being a memorial, for an annual fundraising and participation campaign to allow them to achieve their charitable aims each year. The ASF are dedicated to increasing participation and improving lives through sailing.